Already a day behind on my new plan to post every day and I haven't even started! Oh well. Life is what it is.
According to the dates on the photos, I completed this challenge at the beginning of September. It's now almost the beginning of October. I have been creative in between, just not as disciplined or structured as I would like. I believe creativity begets creativity; that is, the more creative you are, the more creative you become. Instead of waiting for inspiration to strike, one must be activity seeking after it.
For this challenge I yet again abandoned my word and sewing themes. Although, there is a tenuous sewing connection.
I took a soft-drink bottle (soda/pop if you must) from the recycle box and cut the bottom off.
The first bottle I cut was left undecorated:
I have continued to experiment with using soft drink bottles for containers though. They're free (if you're drinking the contents anyway), disposable if you find something better later, and really, really useful.
- the bottom of a 2l milk bottle,
- a larger (1.25l) bottle cut in half for my scissors and rotary cutters
- a smaller (1l) bottle cut in half for my rulers.
I have found that cutting through the centre of the bottom is really hard. For the smaller bottle, with the rulers, I didn't bother.
I have also seen pictures of bottles with just a piece cut out of one side. These are used standing up for pencils and the like.