I bought a small plastic sleeve photo album.
I printed out everything I need to get Christmas Day meals on the table:
- Recipes - for everything, including the cut up vegetables for the dips
- Shopping list - one for each shop with like shops grouped on one page, so I can send different people in different directions
- List of dishes required for serving
- Cut up tags to put in each dish – this way I don't suddenly realise I need particular dish after it's got food in it
- Timetable for preparing the food
The idea behind the photo album is that it's small enough to take to the shops; I change information if I need to (I may one day find a better recipe for crepes or potato salad. I doubt it, but anything's possible); I can use a whiteboard marker to cross things off, then start again next year.
I printed everything on photo paper, because it's nice and sturdy. If I hand hubby a shopping list, I want to know I'm going to get it back in a decent state.