15 July 2013

Creativity Journal - Day 9 (Breakfast)

Make something with your breakfast before you eat it.
A challenge that would be easier for me to take up in summer, or on a winter day when someone else hadn't filled the kitchen (and lounge and dining rooms) with smoke and had all the windows open. I like my breakfast hot, particularly in winter. A difficult call this morning, even without playing with it. Not to mention, I don't think too clearly first thing in the morning. The whole purpose of breakfast is to aid the wake up process.

Thankfully, I was on the end of the loaf. I'm not fond of peanut butter. I eat it if dinner seems too hard - easy protein. And, for some strange reason, I like it on toasted crusts. The main reason I don't like it is because my dad was allergic to peanuts. We weren't allowed to have any peanut products in our house ever. Of course, these days that's not uncommon, but when I was a kid, dad was the only person I knew that was allergic to peanuts. In fact, people often didn't believe me when I told them. What's changed in the past thirty years?

Some basic quilting techniques at play. I give you Vegemite and peanut butter quarter square triangle blocks. No concerns about bias here, but my beginning blocks weren't exactly square.

And for some sort of variety, a ... umm ... fish tangram (use your imagination, folks).
When was the last time you played with your food?

Day 8 update. After resoaking for a couple of hours, the pages seem to be sticking together. Unfortunately, it's not a very nice day, so no sun to help the drying out process.

No comments: